Saturday, June 16, 2012

The "Gospel" according to Prometheus? Really?

I read the blog post below when it was posted. I hadn't seen the movie, only trailers, and I thought "huh? the "gospel" of prometheus"?

The Gospel According to Prometheus, by Thabiti Anyabwile.

If this blog post hadn't been written by Thabiti, I would conclude that the author was one more of those [cuckoos] who see major bible themes in every single Hollywood movie and just ignore it. But then again, it was Thabiti.

So I went to see the movie today. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have gone if it weren't for Thabiti's thought on it. Not my cup of tea, all the alien disgusting stuff, I don't like that - and I am a sci-fi fan. I close my eyes on those 'ewwww' scenes, so what's even the point?!

Anyway... don't waste your money. There's no gospel in it, but that was expected. Men's search for a higher being, the creator, the architect, is not a new theme and has been explored by hollywood for a long long time, and even before that in books. But that's NOT the Gospel.

Good. The Gospel is still THE Gospel, and Hollywood is still Hollywood. I like clear distinctions.

One can only alegorize so much.
 ..:: iWant$Back ::..

No comments:

Post a Comment